#7 Bean Curd Wrap

I love this dish in dim sums. Dim sums usually either have this version steamed or deep fried. Of course, I prefer the steam version and that's the version I made here.

Easiness: 3/5
Tastiness: 3/5
Verdict: There's definitely extra effort in wrapping the bean curd, but this effort wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The bean curd sheet is also pretty durable. In the end, what I made didn't taste as good as the dim sum version. Maybe because it has meat in it. Also also it was way too salty.

Ingredients:
12 Shitake mushrooms
5 oz bamboo
3.5 oz enoki (aka golden needle mushroom)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tspn veggie oyster sauce (I accidentally added too much on this one so use a spoon)
pepper to taste
1 tspn soy sauce
1 tspn black vinegar
1 pinch sugar
1/2 tspn chili pepper flakes
dash of lemon juice

Chop the mushroom and bamboo shoots. 

I use roasted sesame seeds. I think the Japanese here says sushi goma. Is that right? 

Stir fry the sesame, mushroom, and bamboo shoots. Add pepper and oyster sauce.
Here is the bean curd wraps. 
These wraps are gigantic. I added my knife there for reference.

Cut the wrap like pizza pie slices. Add a portion of the filling. The next three pictures are how to wrap.



Place the flap of each roll face down to keep it in place. Place wraps on the plate and set in the steamer for 10 to 15 minutes


By the way, a steamer is not complete with this little device. This helps you pick up and drop plates into the steamer which can be found in any Chinese market.

Mix the soy sauce, black pepper, vinegar, sugar, chili flakes, and lemon juice together. Drizzle mixture onto rolls.


Mmm yum. 



Comments

  1. I read it as irigoma. It looks good 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro! I'm definitely gonna bookmark your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norman! This looks awesome! I'm going to to try to make it.

    btw, this is LeTran...I just found out about this blog today! Whoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this blog! this is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thank you very much for your posts. This blog is exactly what I've been searching for- Buddhist Vegetarian Recipes. Also, I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I've bookmarked your blog and linked it to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Recipes look great. Why did you stop at 7?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks very tasty. I am wondering if you can lightly fry them after they are steamed, to make the skin crispy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#6 Spicy Vegetarian Meat with Mushroom

#5 Soup of Bundles